Mayo Beach – 2018 Watersports Fun Fest
Sunday – July 1, 2018 – 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Baltimore Area Boardsailing Association (BABA) is excited to co-sponsor the annual Mayo Beach Watersports Fun Fest.
Mayo Beach Park – 4150 Honeysuckle Drive, Edgewater MD 21037
Office (410) 222-7313
Bring your car-top water craft or just come out for some fun at Mayo Beach Park on the Chesapeake Bay.
- No charge for park admission or activities
- Mayo Beach Park is open to the public from 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- On-site registration for Watersports Fun Fest activities (see below)
- Car Top Area #3 – equipment drop off will be provided – parking at top of hill
Please RSVP using SignUp Genius so that we know how many people plan to attend!
Register on-site the day of the event for all Fun Fest activities. Due to limited facilities and equipment participation is on a first come, first served basis.
Fun Fest Activities:
BYO– car-top water craft
- Stand UP Paddling– free mini lessons and demo boards available (must be 15 years of age)
- Windsurfing – “taste of windsurfing” instruction and land-based simulation – registration required and space is limited
- Fun Events– SUP relay race, Windsurfing freestyle and other fun events
- Picnic– Food and beverages will be provided.
Note: swimming attire and water shoes are required for safe participation in on-water events. BYO life jacket if you have one.
- Baltimore Area Boardsailing Association http://www.windsurfbaba.org
- East of Maui http://www.eastofmauiboardshop.com
- Outdoor Architects http://www.outdoorarchitects.com
- In Partnershipwith – Anne Arundel County Recreation and Parks.
Weather Cancellations –Fun Fest cancellations due to bad weather will be posted to the BABA BLOG – https://windsurfbaba.wordpress.com
Directions- From Annapolis, take MD Route 2 (Solomons Island Road) South (4.5 miles) to MD Route 214 (Central Avenue). Take 214 East (4.4 miles) and turn left on Shoreham Beach Road at Lou’s Store. Stay on Shoreham Beach Road (1 mile) through sharp turns (3 Mayo Beach signs) to Honeysuckle Drive. Turn sharp right and follow Honeysuckle Drive into the Park.
BABA East Coast Championships Regatta
part of US Windsurfing National Racing Tour
September 14 & 15, 2018
Beverly Triton Beach Park, Edgewater, MD
contact: Steven R Uhthoff
The ECC will include Formula, Slalom, Open, Kona and Long Distance. More details and the Notice of Race will be posted soon. In the meantime, email Steve Uhthoff if you have any questions.
Meet at the Beach – BABA members, family and friends are encouraged to come out and windsurf, sail or SUP. The regatta is a great time to hang out with your BABA peeps and enjoy a day on the water even if you don’t want to race. We also encourage and provide help and support to beginning windsurfers. If you’ve just bought a bunch of gear and are still learning to rig and tune we can help you! There’s always a good crowd at BABA Races, and it’s a great time to check out an unfamiliar launch with experienced windsurfers around.
Questions? Want to Volunteer to help with the Regatta? Contact Daphne
BABA Membership Dues are $20 annually.