The Baltimore Area Boardsailing Association (BABA) is excited to co-sponsor the annual Mayo Beach Watersports Fun Fest.
When: Sunday – June 30, 2019 – 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Mayo Beach Park – 4150 Honeysuckle Drive, Edgewater, MD 21037
Bring your car-top water craft or just come out for some fun at Mayo Beach Park on the Chesapeake Bay.
- No charge for park admission or activities – parking is limited so come early
- Mayo Beach Park is open to the public from 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- On-site registration for Watersports Fun Fest activities (see below)
- Car Top Area #3 – equipment drop off will be provided – parking at top of hill
Please RSVP using SignUp Genius so that we will know how many people plan to attend! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0549A4AA29A13-mayo6
Register on-site the day of the event for all Fun Fest activities. Due to limited facilities and equipment participation is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Fun Fest Activities:
BYO – car-top water craft
- Stand UP Paddling – free mini lessons and demo boards available (must be 15 years of age)
- “Taste of Windsurfing – instruction and land-based simulation starting at 11:30
- Fun Events – Windsurfer LT and SUP relay races and other fun events at 01:00
- Picnic – Food and beverages will be provided.
Note: swimming attire and water shoes are required for safe participation in on-water events. BYO life jacket if you have one.
- Baltimore Area Boardsailing Association https://windsurfbaba.wordpress.com/
- East of Maui http://www.eastofmauiboardshop.com
- Outdoor Architects http://www.outdoorarchitects.com
- In Partnership with – Anne Arundel County Recreation and Parks.
Weather Cancellations – Fun Fest cancellations due to bad weather will be posted to the BABA BLOG – https://windsurfbaba.wordpress.com
Directions – From Annapolis, take MD Route 2 (Solomons Island Road) South (4.5 miles) to MD Route 214 (Central Avenue). Take 214 East (4.4 miles) and turn left on Shoreham Beach Road at Lou’s Store. Stay on Shoreham Beach Road (1 mile) through sharp turns (3 Mayo Beach signs) to Honeysuckle Drive. Turn sharp right and follow Honeysuckle Drive into the Park.